How to Write Meaningful Thinking of You Card Messages
Your friend or family is not well? In Hospital? You need to share how you’re feeling and here are some great tips to get you started.
Writing a get well card message can be much more than just the typical “Get Well Soon”. A thinking of you card can also break away from the standard “Thinking of You”. This is your opportunity to shine and show you own personal connection with your recipient, cheer them up with quirky things you know about them, things you share.
At FruitBaskets.com.au we see dozens of unique and quirky get well soon cards each day and it is a real pleasure to be able to share some of the general hints and tips behind each of these to give you some inspiration and motivation. Imagine the difference a succinct and powerful get well card would make to your day if you were the person recovering in bed! So let’s get started and see how we can make some of your recipients days – don’t forget how long and lonely and fearful it can be lying in wait in hospital.
Points in Writing a Get Well Card and The best thinking of You Card possible
- Focus on growth, positivity and inspiration. Look for things that the person still has, or treasures – instead of reminding them of loss or suffering.
Whilst we are not completely avoiding the issue at hand, we are instead gently redirecting them towards the opportunities and things that will make them smile instead of dwelling on the negative and what they have lost.
– If you make an offer of help or assistance – make it concrete, measurable and actionable. It is no good to say “Don’t worry about a thing – we’re here for you if you need us…” unless you know someone will call you as a result and you're on call for them. Can you imagine the recipient of that get well wishes message actually calling you and saying – “Well, you know how you said you could help out, well, I actually need some help on the weekend…” You don't want to be the message sender scrambling to find and excuse. Be specific and offer concrete help eg. “I’m going over to water your garden whilst you’re in here.”
– If the person has a terminal prognosis – don’t send a get well soon card – instead make the effort and re-phrase your message to be a thinking of you card. Thinking of you conveys the message that the recipient is in your thoughts and prayers. Using some more specific terms inside your message can elaborate on the idea of thinking of you.
– Thinking of You Cards are best aimed at the person and their personality – it’s not an opportunity to catalog their illness or injuries or anything that would offend them. Be sensitive and outline your positive thoughts and even perhaps a memory you share as a way of connecting. It’s most helpful to highlight a positive life affirming achievement in the context of their recovery and surviving through their illness. Again, be specific and personal.
– Timing is important – it is crucial to see that you have the feeling to send a thinking of you gift – so actually pick up the phone or click the mouse and take action to send your thoughts. Sending your thoughts is a powerful way to achieve actualization and manifest your positive thoughts into a real world action.
Even though it may seen inconsequential, the simple act of sending a fruit basket with your thinking of you message is a real life example of your genuine thought being turned into a real organic thing – in this case a fruit basket. From your simple gift of a fruit basket flows the feelings and thoughts and spiritual connection. It shows you care and this is a powerful healthy way to bring your thoughts to fruition.
– Be original, be daring – be different – sending a ho hum thinking of you card is not really going to change the person’s day… Make this opportunity your own way of connecting and infuse your thinking of you message with your own personality and thoughts. This way you will really bring a smile to the person’s face an give them something authentic to ponder whilst they are just lying there in recovery. Never forget how much you could change a person’s day just by sharing your heartfelt thoughts with them.
Best Thinking of You Messages from Around the Web
- Sending you well wishes for your quick recovery and good health.
- The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart. Our prayers are with you. Get Well Soon.
- Thinking of you lots and hoping for your speedy recovery.
- Waiting eagerly for you to recover soon and make my days lively again. Get well quick.
- We hope you feel better because we miss you so much.
- We’re thinking of you during this time!! Wishing you a restful recovery and we hope that you're back to your usual self again soon.
- While you rest and recover, I’ll be next to you praying and hoping for a smooth and quick recovery.
- Wishing you all the best with your recovery. May you use this restful time to recharge and energize. All the best.
- With good wishes and prayers that you get well soon.
- Hope you feel better soon.
- I wish you well a hundred times a day…. In my heart.
- I’m really sorry to hear of your illness. We’re all thinking of you during this time and hope your recovery is a speedy one.
- Look outside; the sun is shining and it’s telling you to get well soon.
- May good health envelop you, spurring a quick recovery.
- May the good wishes and warm thoughts of those who care about you send a little cheerfulness into your world and help you feel better.
- May you enjoy this time off to put your feet up and recover fully. We hope that the next few weeks are filled with lots of rest and relaxation.
- May your hospital stay be only short! Wishing you a complete and restful recovery. GET WELL SOON!
- As you are healing, may you feel warmth and compassion from all who care about you. Best wishes that you will soon be back to doing all the things you love.
- Best wishes for a little progress, a little encouragement, every day during your recuperation.
- Best wishes. I hope that you’re back in the swing very soon.
- During this down time we hope that your recovery is a relaxing and restful one. All the best and we hope you get well soon!!
- Get well soon so you can once again experience all the fun and delight that life has to offer.
- Get well soon so you can resume bringing brightness and delight to our life!
- Get Well Soon. Along with a warm message and fond thoughts.
- Here’s to hoping you GET WELL SOON!! We’re missing you at _____ and can’t wait to have you back.
- May your recovery be a short but restful one. We’re all thinking of you during this time and we hope you’re back on your feet soon.
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you as we wish for a complete and restful recovery. Looking forward to catching up with you again soon.
- Recover well, to be strong and sound. Rest well, to walk on the path to good health.
- Recovery is hard work – but you’re not alone. Not a day goes by that you aren’t thought of and wished well.
- Sending you healing thoughts and a little sunshine to brighten your day.
- Sending you the brightest wishes to say, hope you get well soon.
- Sending you tons of well wishes for your fast recovery.
I found these suggestions on this website for thinking of you card ideas.
Thinking of You Card Ideas and Suggestions
- Love you! Take care and slow down!
- Hope they give you lots of pain pills!
- Sorry to hear you’re in the hospital! We hope you get well quickly and are home soon.
- Happy to hear your surgery went well. Have a safe recovery we love you! Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you!
- Glad you’re feeling better! Hope to see You during the Holidays!
- We hope you are feeling better soon!
- Tony, best wishes from your friends at the office.
- Feel better soon!
- With All My LOVE.
- Sending all my love and wishes.
- Just a little something to let you know we are thinking of you. Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery.
- Hope you feel better buddy!
- Wish we could pamper you and make you feel better. You are missed!
- We are thinking of you every minute of every day!
- Get feeling better soon!
- We just wanted to brighten your room a bit.
- We are sending you lots of positive healing thoughts.
- Hugs from us! Stay Strong, Smile – love you
- Get well soon, sweetie.
- We are praying for your comfort and peace.
- Hope you feel better soon! We all miss you here. Just wanted to send you a little gift to let you know we are thinking about you.
- Praying for you during this time.
- Even though I’m half way around the world baby boy, daddy doesn’t wanna be anywhere but with you. I love you! Get better soon!
- Hope you are feeling better soon.
- I Love You Very Much.
- With hope, love and prayers.
- See you soon
- You are in our thoughts and prayers. Get well soon!
- Praying for a speedy recovery. May God Bless you and your family.
- You are in our thoughts and prayers. Get well soon. We love you.
- Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
- Prayers of Peace, thinking of you.
- We have you in our thoughts and prayers. We wish you a very speedy and full recovery.
- Cant wait to see you back at work.
- Stop pestering those nurses and get back to work!
- We all wish you a speedy recovery and are praying for you.
- This bear will do the job on our behalf until we see you and give you the real one.
- Feel better soon! We miss you.
- Hugs and love
- We are all thinking of you! Hoping for a speedy recovery.
- Lots of wishes for your speedy recovery.
- You know we’ve got your back!
- Mom, Please Get Well Soon.
- You are a wonderful mother, and loved by all.
- Were thinking about you and sending positive thoughts! Hope you’re feeling better soon!
- Wishing you a speedy recovery.
- Hugs and kisses Honey, we love you .
- Thinking of you we hope you feel better soon.
- Sending GET WELL WISHES from your many friends and co-workers at …
- Sending get well wishes. You’re in our thoughts & prayers.
- Thinking of you and praying you get well soon!
- We are so proud of you! Feel better soon!
- Wishing you a speedy and comfortable recovery!
- You are in our thoughts and prayers! We love and miss you!
- May you feel Gods peace and healing power.
- We love you and send you gentle hugs, and wishes for a speedy diagnosis and recovery
- I hope you feel better real soon!
- We are thinking of you today and sending prayers your way! Get well in a hurry.
- Stay positive and know that I’m giving all the positive thoughts I have.
- I wish I could come and wrap my arms around you and give you a hug.
- Get Well Soon and Happy Anniversary
- We are sorry you have been so sick. Your friends are thinking of you and hope you get well soon.
- Sending you big hugs and kisses.
Sending hospital fruit basket for a recovering patient makes all the difference – ideas and support from here.
When you want to send a truly sensational Thinking of You message with your fruit basket.